Frequently Asked Questions
We require that you have temp storage that is large enough for the size of your largest single file, however, we recommend that the available space is roughly two times larger than your largest file.
Yes, the client software supports multiple backup sets with multiple retention policies.
- Answer provided by IaaS provider:
- Man-Trap access to main data room
- Monitored and recorded video surveillance from multiple points inside and outside the facility
- Video kept for 3-6 months
- Motion sensors and intrusion detection sensors
- Facility external walls are seismically monitored 24 hours a day
- All hardware fully enclosed in steel caging
- Any authorized customer visits are accompanied by designated SCC staff
- Security systems are monitored 24×7 by both the on-site NOC and an off-site third party
Our disaster recovery strategy is layered on our infrastructure provider’s capabilities. The infrastructure itself has five distinctly separate trunks into the location as well as three distinctly separate power grids, we also have backup battery and power generation as well. We also host a warm copy of our storage and operating systems via a secondary node in Oakville with the same provider. This gives us geographic diversity. Our mean time to recovery is approximately 4 hours. Backup is done on a daily basis incrementally, and weekly for a full system backup. Our retention policy is two weeks. We test our DR bi-yearly.
No. Moreover the data is never routed at the data centre level outside the borders of Canada.
Our customers would be provided with a minimum of 30 days’ notice on any change to our locations or security practices. We see no change in our provider in the near or foreseeable future.